I'm in the middle of Week 1 of The Biggest Loser - 6 Weeks to a Healthy You diet. In my case it will be 6 months. I've tried several diets. They didn't fail, they just aren't for me. Weight Watchers was too loose and Six Week Body makeover was too strict. 6WBMO is a great diet if you don't really like food...or pooping.
With 6WBMO you eat lean proteins, fruits and veggies, simple carbs like potatoes and rice. No milk, no cheese, no ice cream, no bread, no pasta. WHAT THE FROG, man! I'm Italian! If a diet keeps me from Olive Garden it isn't for me. I don't want cod, white rice and veggies. I want alfredo and pasta! The diets works but DUH, just eating fruits, veggies, fish and egg whites is going to work. The weight comes off fast but you're eating the most boring food imaginable. They'll argue you can spice it up but you can't use oils, butter, salt, sugar, etc. Trust me, putting oregano on something doesn't make it taste much better. I remember one morning I ate my 3 egg whites, 1/2 cup of rice and some diet black cherry soda and promptly threw up. My body just couldn't take these foods any more. I'd been forcing down shrimp with just garlic for flavor and dry heaving at the last few. Strike 1.
Strike 2 is that you need to eat 6 times a day and you can't combine meals. I've looked all over the website and there are not too many mothers of small kids on this diet. It's mostly empty- nesters, women getting married, and a handful of guys. I didn't have time to cook 6 meals a day or 42 meals in one day. Not that I didn't try. There's currently 5 lbs. of turkey breakfast sausage in my freezer. The smell drove me into a fit that prompted me to call my husband and officially quit the 6WBMO lifestyle forever. I also invited him to help himself to the turkey headed for the freezer.
Strike 3....you have to do this forever and it's not for pregnant women or nursing moms. Which I think right there basically says, 'Not enough nutrition.' I should be able to follow a meal plan and adjust it as I get pregnant or nurse but the advisers in the 6WBMO flipped out.
Buh-bye, psychos! Enjoy your egg whites and cod.
I've done Weight Wathers too. Lots of freedom but in my case too much freedom doesn't work for me. I got my 2 servings a milk, 5 fruits and veggies, 2 proteins or whatever and still had like 30 points to blow! So, I'd have to go out for a meatball sub and that would be around 9pm. No Weight Watchers and no 6 Week Body Makeover. Enter The Biggest Loser. Here's hoping!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment