Every diet I've done seems to allow for a 'crazy day'. Weight Watcher's had the Flex points which was 35 points in addition to your daily allowance to blow as you see fit. 6WBMO had flat out crazy day but it was only to be used once you hit your goal. When I was suffering on that diet I noticed that once I was past the 6 weeks and my metabolism had increased I could have a crazy day and would actually lose weight. Based on that, I could only conclude my body needed some fat to burn fat. Why the program didn't allow for it until the weight goal was reached was beyond me. Maybe if they did it wouldn't be such a bad diet. But eating so much crap to get to one crazy day just wasn't worth it for me.
Watching The Biggest Loser I have heard mention of a 'High Calorie Day' or 'Free Day' but it's not mentioned in the book. I can only assume that they are allowed a set number of calories they can satisfy cravings with or save for special occasions like dinners out, birthday cake, etc. Remember when Koli on season 9 downed like 5,000 calories in one day to save Sam and then had a big workout and still lost the most for that week? Looks like a crazy day won't kill you if you follow a few guidelines. Since they aren't mentioned in the book I can only guess.
I did some experimenting on my own on two different occasions. In the middle of week 1 my husband and I met up with his Vince and his wife, Sarah, for a day together. I figured this would be my crazy day. I stuck to 'spurlging' on proteins. Boneless buffalo wings with some Teriyaki sauce. Then hubby and I split a dessert. Back at Vince & Sarah's place we went swimming for an hour or so. It wasn't lounging in the pool, it was actually running in circles to help get all the debris in the center of the pool so Vince could clean it easier. Then for dinner, Sarah was sweet enough to make me some Tilapia while the others had crab cakes. I did have one crab cake but they were fried. There was a salad and baked fries, from which I just had a taste. The next morning I weight myself slightly scared and I'd lost weight. Yay for crazy day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment